THE EXPO SITE
- It is located in the quadrant between the west sector and the north of the Metropolitan Area.
- Borders of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires and the Metropolitan Area.
- At 17 km from the historic center of the city.
- At 6 km to the east, Río de la Plata (river).
- At 23 m over the sea level on the so-called Pampa Plain
- The landscape has a softly wavy topography.
- Located in a series of 200 ha-lands, composed by lots and public parks.
- The Expo site is up and running, with a proven working capacity.
- Water supply network: highest water supply to the site was 3000 m3 per day to serve a peak of 180.000 visitors.
- Sanitary distribution network: the highest drainage of the site is 2400 m3 per day for a journey with 180.000 registered visits.
- Fire-proof system: a network of 33 fire hydrants distributed equally throughout the premises.
- Rain network system: the site is located in the Medrano stream basin, bordering with a section of the pipeline of said stream and with its reliever.
- The premises have a principal and secondary piping system draining into the rain reliever.
- Electricity power: it has medium and low voltage loops with a capacity of 132 kv
- Fiber optics network.
- Installed cooling capacity: 1600 t.
SUMMARY ON SURFACE AREA (IN SQUARE METERS)
EXPO day access
EXPO evening access
EXPO evening opening
EXPO evening closing
A Late-evening Expo will be held
6:00 p.m.–1.30 a.m.
At 9:30 p.m. pavilions will close, but commercial and entertainment areas will remain open.
9.4 million as a result of 6.1 M exclusive arriving visitors that will be touring the exhibition 1,55 on average.
AN URBAN HERITAGE COMPOSED OF:
- Creation of a Metropolitan Theme Park of Science, Technology and Art inserted in a large green complex of inter-jurisdictional parks of 198 ha. It represents the most important recovery of green spaces in the history of the Metropolitan Area.
- This complex will be comparable to the proposals of La Villette, in France, with 55 hectares, and to El Parque del Retiro, in Madrid, with 100 hectares.
- Architectural project design is considered as a leading case of environmental commitment in the country.
- The Pedestrian Bridge.
- Telecommunications Antenna / Urban Landmark.
- Headquarters of Audiovisual Media.
- Surface and infrastructure expansion for exhibitions and conventions (to continue the leadership in fairs and exhibitions).
- Generation of employment in the area (services, maintenance).
- Stimulus for economic activity in the area (development of micro-enterprises that will provide services and products).
- Urban and social revaluation of the environment.
- Housing of urban completeness
- A whole world of spaces for artistic and cultural activities (from massive events to small performances).